Aug 11, 2016

Why I Watched the Entire Sex and the City series... and You Should too


This series and these characters really helped me put a lot of things into perspective. It's jammed packed with scenarios and sayings that can be applied to everyday life. I especially love when the character, Stanford, tells Carrie to stop "... rationalizing away the red flags" when she's making excuses for the bad guy she's considering a relationship with. My absolute favorite is when Samantha says, "You can't swing a fendi purse without knocking over 5 losers. Where did all the great guys go?" Genius!

“You can’t swing a Fendi purse without knocking over 5 losers. Where did all the great guys go?”

There are 6 reasons why I think you should watch the series, or at least most of them.

#1 - The Home girl Image: There are too many shows on television, both reality and not, that picture women fighting 'tooth and nail'. When they do work together, it's usually because they each had a hand in a murder and now have to work together to hide a body. Well, this series takes you back to a time when women were all for uplifting each other and sticking together. I love it when Charlotte suggests, "...Maybe we can be each other's soul mates..."

#2 - Dating Lessons You Learn: I don't know about anyone else, but you can't watch the minimum number of episodes without realizing that you have experienced at least one of the dating scenarios. I can relate to a lot of them! The good thing is, not only do they show these dating scenarios, but they are followed by very important lessons. Lessons that teach you about yourself and others.

#3 - Watch out for the 'Red Flags': Remember earlier when I mentioned 'red flags'. For the sake of those who are not familiar with the term, a 'red flag' is a term for little behavioral clues that people give you. Whether it's strange things they say or do, or things that they should do that they don't. It's usually a tale tell sign of something bad that's coming. Well, this show is packed with lessons and red flags. Which brings me conveniently to the next point.

#4 - Deal Breakers 101: There are things that change the way you see the person you're involved with: these things are deal breakers. Refusing to commit, meet your parents, hiding details about their lives: all deal breakers and red flags! This is one of the main reasons why I love watching this show. In a nut shell, I learned what I will and will NOT tolerate when dating.

#5 - What Is Your Fashion Style: This show is a good way to help you find your fashion style. While you may not want to own the outrageous ensembles worn on the fashion runway, and you may not love the over-the-top outfits that Carrie dresses in, but you will get enough ideas of what can be paired and styled together. Keep your eyes peeled for pieces that you can use to create your signature look.

     






So that's it for now! Not only was I able to cross another item off my list (#223, by the way...), but I hope I was able to motivate you to check out this awesome series. I learned a lot about myself, life, and most importantly, the value of friendship.

Don't forget to leave comments and suggestions below! I would love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment