Jul 28, 2016

8 Things You'll Need to Make Sure Your Birthday Bash is a Success

Check out https://my-bonny-bucketlist-2015.blogspot.com/2015/11/16-throw-myself-birthday-bash.html for more on my 32nd Birthday Bash

So this time last year, I was planning my birthday party. I was thinking about what I want to do, the things I wanted to have, and the people I wanted to be there. It was gonna be awesome! Well, you know what happened? My sister, and ten of my nieces and nephews threw me a surprise party that was simple and everything was handmade right down to the cake. And it was so much better and filled with love than I could have planned for.

But in the event that, for whatever reason, you are planning your own b-day bash, I have compiled a list of needful things and must-haves, and a few pointers to help you get through it:

#1 - Pick a theme: This is a must because it will set a course for the entire party and will make sure that the party decor is not scattered and mismatched. With a theme, you can easily decide on colors, decorations, foods, and the invitations. Which brings me conveniently to my next point:

Home SWEET Home. Cute little house cookies. A great, fun, and totally cute housewarming party treat.#2 - Make/Print/Create Invitations: The invitations are one of the party must haves where you can be completely original and creative. You can hand-make your invitations from scratch, custom to the theme you choose for your party. You can create a design on the computer and print it from home or have it professionally printed. Or if you're feeling really creative, you can take my approach. When I moved into my apartment in Wilmington, I baked "housewarming cookies", some in the shape of a house and some in the shape of a house key. They were a big hit and tres delicious. I found the recipe here... angelicamademe.com
#3 - Super Cool Decorations: What you choose for your party theme will determine what your decorations and colors will be. I always go to Party City for my party decorations because the store is organized by party themes and everything is really affordable.

In your decorating, don't forget to create a great centerpiece for the table, as well as hanging great garlands and creating the right lighting.

So those are the basic necessities you'll want to work on. But Invitations and Decorations alone, does not a great party make! So let's continue on with the list.

#4 - A Photo Booth: This is a huge hit whenever I set up mine. Guests will see the booth with the props and the masks and will go crazy! And the best part is: You can make it yourself! You don't need to have a closed in booth; simply pick a section of the room, set out a small table or chair for the props to rest on, set the camera up on a tripod and you're done!

#5 - A Dance Floor: This one's probably the simplest, but you can still be really creative here. I loveboho feel I get when I layer 3 or 4 throw rugs in the floor. People migrate to the decorated space intuitively and a dance off usually breaks out! If you have a really nice floor, be it hardwood or tile, simply grab a couple of friends and bust a move! Trust me, other guests will follow.
the

#6 - Fun Games Galore: Let's be real. Spin the Bottle is for middle schoolers and Beer Pong at some point (usually in the college years) has to die. Lets get back to the classics: Charades, Hum Dinger, and of course Heads Up! You can search online for the rules to these games and others to play. Don't forget the prizes! Games are definitely as important to a party as music, and speaking of music...

#7 - Karaoke, baby!: Karaoke is a party tradition going back generations... okay maybe not generations, but karaoke has been around for a long time. It's likely to be around for as long as people have ears and listen to music! Hands down, the best (free) karaoke source I use is found at https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKARAOKEChannel.

#8 - Say it with me... SWAG BAGS!: Ah, the power of the Swag Bag. (It's the new term for party favors or take home bag). The little babies are the finishing touches to an awesome shindig thrown! Include handmade crafts, jewelry, and snacks, or you can splurge a little and add things like custom photo disc of the festivities.

Well, that's all I have for ya! Remember: Don't try to go overboard because you will stress yourself. Giving yourself too many options will cost extra time and money. Welcome your guests as soon as they arrive with great music playing and good food a'waitin'. And if you're not up to the cooking challenge, there's always catering! Above all else, remember to have a good time and invite only people who will have a good time with you. You're the King/Queen of the hour, it's your guest list. It's your party. Make it great!

Did I leave anything out? Feel free to comment below. Thanks, guys! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment