Jul 28, 2016

10 Life Saving Items to Bring to Universal Studios


So, earlier this summer, I went with my family to Universal Studios in Orlando Florida. It. Was. Amazing! The moment I walked through the gate, I knew it was going to be amazing. I knew had everything I needed because I had prepped the night before. It was very hot, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. FYI, definitely try to avoid going between the months of June -August. Nevertheless, we all pushed forward.

There were tons of things to do and see, making it a fun experience and a great photo opportunity. As we went from place to place, ride to ride, stop to stop, we all slowly began to realize that there were a few things that we maybe we should have brought to make life a little better. I did some thinking, and I compiled this list for you guys so it will, hopefully, make your trip more comfortable.

#1 Extra Cash - Seems like this would be a no brainer, right? Lots of people prefer to carry their debit/credit card because its safer. Here's why bringing cash is a must. All of the rides at Universal require you to have someone hold your "loose objects" or temporarily rent a locker. You cannot use your debit/credit card to rent these. And the ride operators will tell you, " Absolutely nothing in your pockets, please. You cannot ride with loose objects on your person."

#2 Water Container - There are lots of water fountains at the refill stations scattered around the park. Bringing a water container with you is the best choice when faced with paying $7 for a bottle of water from the park itself. Just sayin'...

#3 Candy/ Gum - I make 'goody bags' and I carry them with me everywhere I go. I started making them when I was in high school and, for the past 15 years, I have not regretted it. The goody bag is basically made up of your favorite candies, gum, or goodies. Make a few of them and keep them in your bag so when the time comes, you can whip one out and munch away!

#4 A Non-Drowsy Acetaminophen/Aspirin - Your body will really take a beating. Your feet will take a pounding. You may stand in line for 30 minutes to take a 60 second roller coaster ride. The theme park is so huge, you have to spend a day visit just one side of the park! That's right! We went to one side of Universal on Tuesday and the other side on Wednesday! Needless to say, there will be a lot of walking. The constant standing will take a toll on your back as well. I wouldn't recommend a strong pain reliever, but you'll definitely want to bring one!

#5 A Small Towel -  You will find that the best thing you can do with this item is to wet it and cool off! Whether you wet the towel to wipe your face or just put it on the back of your neck (which works wonders as well), this is a must!

#6 Camera - Sure, you can take awesome photos on your cell phone. Maybe it's the photographer in me, but have to bring my camera for the sole purpose of photographing the park. When you take your camera with you, you are able to zoom in for those up close and personal shots. Selfies are great, and you'll be bringing your phone anyway, but don't forget that camera!

#7 Hand Sanitizer - Ever took a bite from a hot dog and remembered that you forgot to wash your hands? Sucks right? An article reads, "So much infection transmits through handshakes that some people form the American Medical Association wanted to ban handshaking from hospitals." Let's face it, people do not wash their hands as much as they should. Trust me on the hand sanitizer...

#8 Portable Phone Charger - That cell phone that I mentioned earlier... If you go with a group, you're gonna want to make sure you have a portable charger for it. Taking dozens of selfies and making those "Where the heck are you guys?" phone calls are going to destroy your battery life. Have a backup plan!


#9 Spare Shirt - It's gonna get very wet and sweaty (at the risk of sounding down right dirty). There are water rides, so a spare shirt is gonna come in handy. And just in case you don't like to be too sweaty (like me), then you'll be able to change in a snap!

#10 Pen+Pad - I was not aware that there would be so many super cool super heroes and villains running around. I am a huge Marvel fan, so that was amazing to me. Then, I found out that they would give you their autographs! I was bummed because I didn't have a single scrap of paper and pen on me! Food for thought, peeps: Bring a small notepad and cool marker!


Well, that's it for now, fans. I hope this list helps you out when you take your next family trip, whether it's Disney or Universal or Six Flags! Did I leave anything out? Feel free to comment below and let me know what to add.

No comments:

Post a Comment