Dec 28, 2015

Items from Bucket Lists Past!


They say "Enjoy the little things in life, because one day you will look back and realize they were the big things." Well, looking back, I see a lot of things I accomplished. Making these yearly bucket lists has really opened me up to trying new things. I have tried foods that I once sneered at, I have wandered into places where I met people I would never forget, and I have learned valuable life lessons that have molded me into a better woman. 

So, I have decided to share some of my best and most favorite memories over the past years. 

2011- Go to a Concert

This was so much fun! I went to a great concert in Atlanta. It featured great artists like Tye Tribbett, KiKi Sheard, Mary Mary and Jonathan Nelson! They sang all of their gospel hits, which happened to be my favorites! I went solo, but it wasn't the first solo trip I made and would NOT be the last! Unfortunately, I was on a ridiculously tight time schedule , so I couldn't stay as long as I wanted, but that's okay. It won't be the only concert I go to, it certainly was a great experience! 




I'm planning on seeing Pentatonix in 2016! Do you have any ideas of another group? I'm open to suggestions!

2011 - Write Something and Have it Published

So, you may or may not know this, but I am a huge fan of Sex and the City. Carrie is not my favorite character, but she is a bit of a role model of mine! In the television show, Carrie is a writer. I knew I wouldn't be an overnight success, but I did want to have something published. So I did some volunteer work with the NAACP, interviewed a family and wrote up an article. Then, I turned it in to our local newspaper and crossed my fingers! The article was published and got rave reviews! It was super exciting! So, the lesson learned was this: There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you get out there and try! I never thought that I would get this one done! 




2013 - Volunteer at an animal shelter

I met Susan Hayley through a mutual (and artsy) friend. I heard that she ran her own animal shelter from her home, but when I went to see it, I had no idea it was so large. She had a place for puppies, mama dogs and their puppies, sick dogs, and unsocial dogs. They were all so organized (but in a comfy way). All of these sweet animals at some point were abandoned and/or abused. It definitely made me look at animals in a differently. We've all had a pet at some point of our lives, whether it's a dog, cat, or whatever. We forget about the animals with no home, no family, no one. That's one of the reasons why I adopted my little Miles.

Animals, in a way, are like good people. They come in and become an extended part of our lives and make us better. 



http://my-bonny-bucketlist-2015.blogspot.com/2015/12/102-adopt-kitty.html

2015 - Help feed the homeless here in America

I was shocked when I read in an article that some 16 million children go hungry every year in the US. I have to admit in the past, when the topic of starving children came up, I thought of some war torn country or some place hit by a natural disaster or famine. Not here in the US; in the land of the free and plenty and home of the excess. I fast from time to time and it's not always pleasant. Having 28 nieces and nephews, I could never imagine them going hungry. So I went out and bought food for my project. Armed with food and best friend in tow, we went to the local shelter, then to the community to hand out bags to the homeless individually. Their faces and expresses were priceless! :) I recommend everyone to try this one... immediately! But make sure you do a little research. In some states, you can be fined and even JAILED for providing food to the homeless. (Check out North Carolina if you doubt this) I gotta say, it was pretty awesome
   

So there you have it. I have a blast with every item on my list, but here are a few of my favorites! There's more to come, so stay tuned peeps! Which of these are your favorites? Any recommendations or ideas on what I should do next? I would love to hear from you. Feel free to comment below!

Stay inspired, Peeps!



No comments:

Post a Comment