Dec 10, 2015

2016 Resolutions... To Do or Not to Do?




Supposedly, the act of making a new year's resolution began some 2000 years ago in Rome. They made resolutions which included good moral behavior. Wow, 2000 years. It was then like it is now; the resolutions included good will towards others, commitments to better use their talents, and avoiding habitual sins.


I honestly didn't make many resolutions at the beginning of this year. I mean, I planned to do things like: start eating healthier (which I kind of did), stop biting my nails (which I failed miserably at), and go to bed at a reasonable hour (which I don't even want to lie to you about). But for the most part, my bucket list was the closest thing to a resolution that I came to. I am 32 years old and, by now, my fixer uppers have become permanent flaws and my need to change items have become characteristics of who I am. I'm a lot less dramatic and spazzy. Entering into that 30+ block has given me a very interesting outlook on certain things.



I think I'm going to take the same approach this year coming. No resolutions to be anything other than myself. A better me, maybe, but me nonetheless. Definitely have to stop biting my nails, though.




I did add some things to my bucket list though. More out there things! I have to start traveling again, and not just to the next state. The last time I took a long journey was in 2004 when I went to Korea (awesome. freakin'. time!) You can find that post on this link: http://my-bonny-bucketlist-2015.blogspot.com/2015/12/50-more-ideas-to-add-to-your-bucket-list.html



So, what are your resolutions for the new year? Are you going to make any? Comment below! And, as always, stay awesome Peeps!




No comments:

Post a Comment