Nov 29, 2015

5 Things to Keep Yourself Motivated Regarding Your Bucket List


Hello again, peeps! What I love most about my list is that it makes me look at my life, see where I am and how to get where I want to go. It also reminds me to be grateful, looking back on the things I have accomplished, wonderful places I've been, and the incredible things I've seen.

There are some days, however, when I don't have the energy to get out of bed, let alone go out into the world and explore. So there are some things I do to keep myself motivated.


  1. Reflect. One of the most important things to remember when doing things on your bucketlist is to document it. I'm sure you pull out your camera or phone to both photograph and video the fun 'goings ons'. This will definitely come in handy (start doing this today if you haven't already. When you have a less than inspired day, pull out those photos, videos, or scrapbook even and take a gander at the things you've done and seen already. That will give you a quick kick in the rear to get up and at em'!
  2. Find your "Get 'Er Done" film. This works for me, probably because I have ADHD and my mind is in 15 different places simultaneously ALWAYS! I have movies that I play while I'm brainstorming and planning my next moves. These movies also motivate me to, as Macy Gray once sang, 'Get up, Get Out and Do Something.' Find that movie or soundtrack that puts fire under your feet and gets you up and exploring.
  3. Create an Inspiration Board. Not dissing technology, but I love the old paper method. Same can be said for an inspiration board. An inspiration board is just what it's name says. It's a board filled with quotes and images that inspire you to reach your goal(s). And trust me, while you can go on Pinterest or other site and create an inspiration board (that you will have to open an app to get to), it's more convenient to open your eyes in the morning and see the inspiration board hanging on your wall, waiting for you!
  4. Music, Life's Great Motivator! Okay, so it might not be life's greatest motivator, but it is a great motivator. There's nothing like hearing a great song, fast or slow, to get your body moving and the wheels in your head a turnin'! Check out my previous post for my summer soundtrack for ideas! http://my-bonny-bucketlist-2015.blogspot.com/2015/11/68-create-summer-soundtrack_28.html
  5. Keep the End Goal in Mind. I'm no good at meditating, period. Like I mentioned before in this post (and probably earlier posts, I can't remember) I have an almost non existent attention span. What I do, is focus on what I have done and what I want to do. Is that meditating? Anyway, my list is as much for others and their benefit as it is for me and mine. Think of the people you want to help. Think of how you will help yourself. Think about the fun you'll have. That gets me going!

I hope this helps you make and do things on your list. It helps me out a ton! Do you have any other recommendations? What gets you going? Comment below! 

Thanks so much for taking time to view my blog and I hope you enjoy it!

Peace and Love, Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment