Nov 25, 2015

#16 Throw myself a birthday bash!

I'm pretty confident that I could have thrown myself an awesome birthday party. I found out that it is so much better when someone you love does it for you! I went to my sisters house to spend time with my nieces and nephews whom I haven't seen in a really long time. When I woke up the morning of my birthday, I was surrounded by hugs and happy birthday wishes!

The day went on, we went to church and came back home. I became suspicious when my sister went to the store and didn't invite me, and even more suspicious when she called the kids into one room and sent me off on a "secret mission"... The day, surprisingly went on as normal. We played Monopoly and Bingo, watched a movie, and ate popcorn. At some point, I forgot about the cake she back and 'put away'.

Around 7 pm, she called everyone together for me to take a group photo, you know, because I'm the photographer in the family. When I told the crowd to smile and say Cheese, they sang Happy Birthday. I almost cried. Then they gave me a card and a balloon and went on to tell me how much running around they had to do to get the things they needed! It was really funny.

I was so pleased with the day. I have great friends that I could have partied with and had fun. But this, hands down, was the best way I could have spent my birthday. surrounded by family (also known as my best friends) and love and good cake... CHOCOLATE cake at that! Nom nom!

#16... Check!


























No comments:

Post a Comment